Sunday, March 30, 2014

I Am Sick of Seeing Green!!!

So today is day 7 of my green smoothie challenge and let me tell you, this is not as easy as I initially thought. After drinking 3 smoothies for breakfast, lunch and dinner, green is becoming one of my least favorite colors!!

Days 3-5 weren't so bad during the day because I was busy at work and didn't really focus on the hunger. The evenings for me are the worst. The difficulties arise when I have to cook for the family.  I could be a mean mommy and make them drink smoothies too but I guess that would be unfair, huh?  If I have to suffer, we all have to suffer.  No!  Just kidding.  It takes more will power.  Like the other day for lunch, I had a taste for fried chicken that just would not go away.  But I held on strong.

Yesterday was day 6.  I drank a smoothie and ate a boiled egg for breakfast which was very filling.  I stayed kind of busy so again, I didn't notice I was hungry until, once again, dinner time.  Last night's dinner consisted of a scrumptious smoothie made with spinach, pineapple, strawberries and peaches and pecans.....yummy, yummy for my tummy....right!!!

Today, day 7.  I woke up with hunger pangs and a craving for coffee like nothing I've experienced during this challenge.  I thought about a smoothie but then hubby took out the potatoes, green peppers and onions, and I immediately knew what time it was.  I took extreme delight in eating potatoes, turkey sausage, grits, scrambled eggs and toast with jelly!!!  That food tasted like the best meal ever!!!!  Yes, I know, none of those food items are in the book but I am entitled to a weak moment and today was mine.

Only 3 more days and I plan to do much better although the past 7 days weren't so bad.  I'm going to finish this challenge on top, no more weak days...hopefully!

Until next time, keep moving forward!

Nikki










1 comment: